Tuesday, April 16

5+5 Committee Says Ready to Reopen Coast Road

Sirte_ The 5+5 Joint Military Commission said today that the coast road links Tripoli with Benghazi in Libya that has been closed for over two years is ready to be reopened soon and works on clearing mines and other repairs have finished.

The news came during a meeting in Sirte with the President of the Presidential Council, the Commander-in-Chief of the Libyan armed forces, Mohamed Menfi.

The committee informed Mr. Menfi that all logistic and security checkpoints have been taking care of along the road.  He also met with subcommittees who put him in the picture as to what they have accomplished so far and the hurdles they face.

On Oct.23 last year, a cease-fire agreement between the delegations of the country’s two main warring sides as a result of the 5+5 Joint Military Commission talks which started on Oct. 19. Other subcommittees to oversee the withdrawal of foreign forces and militias from Libya.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *